Sunday, February 6, 2011

i'm sorry journal. i think maybe you got replaced for a second...

type. delete. type. delete. the upside of keeping a journal is that i write in pen so once something is down on paper, it's there to stay. no re-writes for a more pleasing presentation. my first post on my new blog has already been written and deleted more than i care to mention. not because i need to have my thoughts organized just so, but more because i started writing about something and then lost my train of thought. it is 12:43 am for crying out loud. but somehow, my drooping eyelids can't curb my enthusiasm for this wonderful creation of the electronic blogging world. just the thought of recording life as it is happening and being able to share it with others, or just me, makes me smile. 

the purpose of this blog, or maybe it's mission statement, is to be an outlet for all the things that clutter my mind. maybe it's wedding plans or ideas, perhaps it's the perils of the academic world, or it could be my concerns about politics or human rights or ice cream flavors. whatever the thoughts may be, putting them down helps me to calm the tumultuousness inside of my head.  thank goodness for this or else i might never sleep. which i intend to do right about.............now.

therefore, this blog is open for business!

1 comment:

  1. Yay. I am happy about this. Now our friendship is real... facebook, real life, and now even through blogging. I'm glad we could take our realationship to the next level.

    ReplyDelete