Monday, February 21, 2011

this is the first day of my life.

For some reason today the song 'first day of my life' by bright eyes keeps cropping up in my mind. I think it's a sign. Something about the lyrics rings so true to me. I would go so far as to say it is a masterpiece. I feel a little envy underlying my awe only because I wish I could put my feelings in poetic verses like these. I love the sensation of finding a song that says everything you wanted to say but in better words. I pretend I invented these.   It's like a theme song playing in my mind. These days I feel like a lot of days are the first day of my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ri! Somehow I am following you twice. Sorry bout that! Just thought I'd let you know. And I am excited for you to have a Chinese name.

    ReplyDelete