Wednesday, February 23, 2011

never before read dreams enclosed!

When people tell me they don't have dreams I can't help but pity them. I like to think that I have some of the strangest dreams that anyone has ever heard of and I would not give that up for anything. My mom has this great dream interpretation book called 'The World of Mirrors' and I refer to it on a regular basis. I don't know how accurate it is but it sure is fun to see what it says.

Over the last few years I have started keeping a dream journal. I'm not totally faithful to it because when I first wake up in the mornings I'm as good as dead. Then I try and remember the pychodelic dream that occured earlier and I can't remember it for the life of me. Some of my best (and when I say best I mean solely for weirdness value) dreams come about in the few minutes before I wake up. Or maybe it's the few hours before I wake up... It's hard to get a grasp on time when you're dreaming. I would like to establish a better habit of recording these strange phenomena right after they occur, but until I do let me reflect with you on some of the more bizzare... I feel there are a lot of symbolisms in these dreams. If you care to take a shot at deciphering them, please do so.

Feb 19, 2010
I dreamed me, Ry and Tal went to Xiamen, China (a beautiful city I visited). It was a bustling town but it didn't look like the real Xiamen. There were too many white people. We were looking for Bobby (my China school love) so we were looking for the restaurant he worked at. We looked everywhere and fianlly found it and just when I caught a glimpse of him the lights all turned off. I found a light switch and I saw his dad yelling at him. I didn't like that. Then he saw me and gave me a big smile. He looked so much different but I could tell it was him. He was shorter and a little bit fat and his beautiful teeth were stumpy gums. I told him he looked different as he pointed at his teeth and said "stumps". Pretty good for a guy who speaks almost no English. It was a little bit funny. So he made us some chicken dumplings. As we were walking away, all of the sudden I was with my friend Jessica. She stepped into a rickety elevator made of PVC pipes that took her up to the top floor of the building and started doing a coreographed dance/cheer. Everyone watching joined in and started doing it too. I decided to head back to the hotel with talia but we couldn't find a cab. then a cab came by that was being pulled by a giant rooster and we had to jump on as it was running past. the roosters tail feathers were slapping us in the face the whole way home. Bizzare dream.

April 22, 2010
I drove down a country road in a truck with my family. We ran into Sunny's uncle, who happened to be black, cooking fish on the hood of his green camero, He was using the heat of the engine to cook the fish. It tasted like pickles.

July 4, 2010
I had several dreams last night. One was with me and Talia and someone else. We were on a tiny boat paddling through a channel in the middle of a huge ice sheet. There were tons of orcas underneath the ice. they came up and bumped our boat and talia fell off the boat. An orca grabbed her foot and tried to drag her down but we went and got her. We finally got back and returned the boat to Best Buy.

(this dream contains explicit content)
Aug 5, 2010
I can't remember most of my dream but I do remember one part in particular. I was in China with the girls I went to CHina with last time. We were all hanging out and I noticed that Ryleigh had a bag of milk hanging off her hip so I said, "what is that?" She proceeded to unbutton her shirt and show me a tiny breast pump stuck to her boob with a little tube going down to the bag. She told me it was goats milk for a service project in Thailand....

June 12, 2009
I dreamed I was hikinh with my family on some treacherous terrain. There were wild hedgehogs that kept trying to bite us. They scratched and bit quincy a lot. Then I was in an elevator at the hotel I was staying at. There were two toilets in that elevator. So i sat down on one of those toilets and went to the bathroom in front of everyone.

and finally...

June 8, 2009
I dreamed I was trying to kill this dragon monster that was also a boy. The last thing I remember was trying to shove a huge cheese burger in his mouth.

7 comments:

  1. Deciphering code February 18...
    1. i love that bobby said stumps and that he got fat because both of those are completely impossible
    2.its a sign that your new asian love should make us dumplings
    3. I disappeared at one point so obviously i am the rooster...you know how i love to shake my tail feathers especially in you and talias face

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to comment concerning your August 5th dream... you know i am all about my service. I will gladly milk myself to serve Thailand..however, i question why it was goats milk that was exiting my body. Personlly i would like to think people would prefer my breast milk over goats milk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want you a burger and a monster boy to fight.

    the end

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me laugh the whole way through. Your dreams are the best i've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I am so glad that the two of you can appreciate this. and Ry don't ask me why you are lactating goats milk. I already feel uneasy about the content of that dream...

    ReplyDelete